Come to the Minden-Tahoe airport this August 27-28 for the 2011 Aviation Roundup and Air Show! Check out some of the highlights that caught my eye:
- Aerobatic performances from the great Patty Wagstaff, “Super” Dave Mathieson, and many others
- A static display featuring a MQ-1 Predator Drone, OV-10 Bronco, and a highly-modified P-51 Mustang, , plus many other fantastic aircraft
- Classic cars and Harley-Davidson motorcycles
- Fly-bys, local vendors, and the chance to enjoy our great airport!
- The event is also a fundraiser for a good cause – Amanda & Kyle Franklin, the aerobatic performing team, and the ICAS Foundation.
I learned to fly at this friendly community airport, which is a place where everyone from glider pilots, single-engine Cessnas, and big corporate jets share the skies. I hope everyone who attends sees what a valuable resource it is for Douglas County! And I really hope I can meet one of my pilot heroes, Patty Wagstaff. It’s an honor to have her endorsement on my book. Don’t miss her performance – it’s sure to drop your jaw!